Parent conferences. Staff Development. Not enough time to work in the classroom. Grade Placement Committee meetings. TAKS (must pass). ARD meetings. Not enough time to work in my classroom. Paperwork. Grading papers. Grades due NOW. Not enough time to work in my room. Is it worth it??
The 6th grade teachers on our campus did something awesome this week. They had each of their students write a letter thanking someone in their lives. I had the great honor of receiving several of these letters. It was quite touching and one of the greatest highlights of my short teaching career. It's so funny that it's the little things that our former students remember -- like crazy nicknames, how I didn't give a detention when I really should have, being silly with them, games we play -- yes, it turns out it's all about the relationships!
I quote "The thing I remember is that you always made me smile";
"Thank you for helping me to reach my goal of English" (from one of my children who was just learning to speak English); and my favorite line of all: "I know I've been bad this year, but I'm going to fix that for you Mrs. Box." There were others and they all touched my heart in ways I never dreamed I child who is not somehow attached to me would.
Parent conferences. Staff Development. Not enough time to work in the classroom. Grade Placement Committee meetings. TAKS (must pass). ARD meetings. Not enough time to work in my classroom. Paperwork. Grading papers. Grades due NOW. Not enough time to work in my room. Is it worth it??
Undoubtedly yes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment